jwyant89's Timeline Photos album on Photobucket

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Guild Adventures

I have been pretty busy working on both promoting, and doing artwork and ATCs (artist trading cards) for the new guild I am helping get going. I guess I elected myself to write a blog for and about the guild, the Inspiring Artist Guild. I say this because nobody asked me to do it, but I thought it was important. It is easier for me to get the information out about the guild without being all formal or having to weasel in on Brandon's gig, which is keeping the website updated. A note here, I gladly defer that job to him.

The guild has so much potential, it is hard for us to edit ourselves. The ideas keep popping out, and we are picking the best ones and making it real. Our first official event was fantastic. We had a launch party and an ATC exchange, so much fun. I made about 25 cards, because I wanted a chance to trade with everyone. I ended up trading 12 cards and giving one to my mom. There was a lot of really great artwork, and I am very happy with what I got in exchange for my cards.

Since this is my blog and not the guild blog, on the right are the ATCs I traded away. I got some real treasures in exchange, and can't wait until the next swap!

I started with what I knew best, and what I was comfortable with, and that would be my floral designs. It abstracted from there, florals, to squiggles with floral (not posted here) to just squigs with circles to just squigs. See there is a connection! It was a lot of fun to do. Now where it takes me from here will be interesting.

Maybe next time I will tell you something about my culture, then again maybe I will have more exciting aventures in art to tell you about.

If you want to know more about the guild and see the cards I traded for check out the IAGuild blog. http://inspiringartistguild.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment